Defective Products Attorney in Pensacola
Providing the Uncompromising Representation You Need
Every day, people throughout Florida, the nation, and the world rely on various products to navigate their daily lives. From our cell phones to our medications to our cars—and everything in between—these products serve to make our lives safer, easier, and more convenient. Unfortunately, despite numerous manufacturing and distributing regulations, defective products still make their way onto the consumer market. When these defective products get into the hands of consumers, accidents can occur.
If you or a loved one was injured as a result of a defective product, our firm can help. At The Watson Firm, PLLC, we handle a wide range of personal injury cases and we always strive to hold the liable parties accountable for your injuries. When manufacturers and others put profits in front of public safety, they should be held responsible.
What Is a Defective Product?
In legal terms, a defective product is any product that fails to perform its intended or advertised function or is unreasonably dangerous to the user when used correctly, resulting in physical injury. A defect can occur at any stage of production—design, manufacturing, distribution, etc. A defective product can also refer to products that lack proper safety warnings.
A defective product can be just about anything. Some of the most common examples of defective products that lead to bodily harm, injury, or death include:
- Medications/pharmaceutical drugs
- Over-the-counter medications
- Automobiles or motor vehicles
- Motor vehicle parts, like tires, brakes, etc.
- Household appliances and furniture
- Playground equipment
- Children’s toys
- Dangerous cleaning products and supplies
- Household items, including hair dryers, electric blankets, etc.
- Electronics, including cell phones, computers, TVs, etc.
Defective products can be categorized in three distinct ways: defective design, defective manufacturing, or lack of adequate warnings/instructions. Our Pensacola defective products attorney can help you determine if your situation falls under one of these categories and if so, can help you understand your legal options.
How Our Firm Can Help
Product designers, manufacturers, and distributors have a certain responsibility to ensure that their products are reasonably safe for consumers. When they cut corners or fail to adhere to industry standards and regulations, serious accidents can happen. If you were injured or your loved one was killed by a defective product, we can fight to hold the negligent parties liable.
While it won’t eliminate the suffering you have been through, a defective product claim can help you recover damages for:
- Medical expenses, including ambulance and hospital fees, ongoing treatment, surgeries, etc.
- Loss of income and/or wages from time taken off work to treat your injuries
- The cost of ongoing medical treatment, including physical rehabilitation therapy
- Lost earning ability if your injuries prevent you from returning to work in some capacity
- Physical pain and emotional suffering resulting from your injuries and the aftermath
- Temporary or permanent physical or mental disability resulting from your injuries
- Loss of a loved one and the associated consequences, including consortium and funeral costs
At The Watson Firm, PLLC, we understand just how difficult it is to deal with the aftermath of an unexpected accident. Returning to your normal, pre-accident life may be incredibly difficult or downright impossible. Our entire team offers compassionate, personalized legal services tailored to your unique situation. We take the time to sit down with you and learn about your specific needs and goals. From there, we work to devise a plan of legal action. We strive to recover the maximum compensation you are owed.